The school commenced at Coolangatta in 1926 and was run by the Daughters of Our Lady of the Sacred Heart. From 1950 until 1992, the school was influenced by the Missionary Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate Conception. In 1987 the school was relocated on a new campus at Currumbin Waters.
The school celebrated its 75th year in 2001.
During 2006 we commenced a major building phase with the construction of a new Prep / Infants Precinct. This opens for the commencement of 2007.
During 2007 we will build a new library facility and 5 new classrooms.
2008 sees plans to construct a covered area and car park extensions.
School MottoThe motto, Tolle Lege, comes from the story of the conversion of Augustine and is translated as "take and read" St Augustine discovered God’s invitation to him to take the scriptures and read them.
School CrestIn 1987 St Augustine’s Parish Primary School entered a new era on a new campus at Currumbin Waters. To mark the occasion it was decided to create a school emblem to reflect this change. We tried to maintain our traditional past and include in the design the emblems representing the Daughters of Our Lady of the Sacred Heart, who founded the school in 1926, and the crossed hands symbol of the Missionary Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate Conception, who have been instrumental in running the School from 1950 and concluded their active ministry with us in 1992.
The badge was created by Mrs Barbara Skerrett. The circle symbolises the universal Church throughout the world, the Cross is that of Christ, the teacher is St Augustine and the children represent us all - pilgrims on a journey back to Christ.
The school adopted new colours in 1998, and introduced new school uniforms in 1999.
School Uniform / ColoursThe school colours are Cyan, Gold, Royal Blue and White.